Why use Water Calculations
Part G of the Building Regulations states that all new properties must comply with specific water performance targets.
This means that all new developments must prove that they have attempted to assist with the sustainability of water, by ensuring that no more than 125 litres of water will be used per person, per day.
After all, water is a resource that is going to come under increased demand as the population of the UK expands, so it must be used sparingly.
What affects the projected water consumption of a dwelling?
Factors that affect the calculated water consumption of a dwelling include:
- The flow rate of showers and taps
- The capacity of baths
- The flushing capacity of WC’s
- The consumption per place setting of dishwashers
- The consumption per kilogram of dry load for washing machines
- The efficiency of water softeners (where present)
- Whether there are any on-site rainwater or greywater harvesting
Water Efficiency Calculations are not only needed for new homes, but also for some converted homes as well.
If you are unsure about whether your property needs this assessment, please contact us today for honest and professional advice.