Energy Performance Certificates

Energy Performance Certificates from GC Reports

All domestic and commercial buildings in the UK available to buy or rent must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). Having an energy performance survey done will help you identify ways to save money on your energy bills and improve the comfort of your home.

We supply Property Agents, Owners and Solicitors with Energy Performance Certificates. GC Reports are customer focused and have placed great emphasis on a high-quality service.

We are here to help; please feel free to contact us at any time to discuss your requirements.

Thank you for your prompt and efficient response regarding the surveying/preparing and issuing of the EPC for the Blue Bell premises in Sproatley.

I won’t hesitate to recommend you and will be in touch for any future EPC requirements.

Kind Regards
Mr & Mrs Green

Want to speak to a real person about Energy Performance Certificates for your commercial building project?


Or, complete our quick enquiry form and one of our team will get straight back to you.

Find out more about Energy Performance Certificates

What are Energy Performance Certificates?

Much like the multi-coloured sticker on new appliances, Energy Performance Certificates, or EPCs, tell you how energy efficient a building is and give it a rating from A (very efficient) to G (inefficient). EPCs let the person who will use the building know how costly it will be to heat and light and what it’s carbon dioxide emissions are likely to be.

The EPC will also advise what the energy-efficiency rating could be if improvements are made. As a result, it highlights cost-effective ways to achieve a better rating. If you rent your home, some improvements noted on the EPC may be worth implementing, such as switching to more energy-efficient light bulbs.

How long do EPCs last?

EPCs are valid for 10 years from when issued.

Why get an EPC?

An EPC needs to be available to potential buyers once the property is for sale or rent. An approved Domestic/Commercial Energy Assessor is the only person to produce the EPC.

If you implement any of the energy efficiency recommendations outlined in your EPC, you may wish to get a fresh EPC done to include these improvements.

Who produces Energy Reports and EPCs?

In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, only accredited Domestic/Commercial Energy Assessors can produce valid EPCs.

EPCs and Feed-In Tariffs

To receive payments under the Government’s feed-in tariff (FIT) for Solar PV you will have to prove that the home has an EPC rating of Band D or above to receive FITs at the standard rate.